Places of worship
Odžaci municipality has many places of worship. Each of them introduces its own architectural harmony and beauty, and the echo of the church bells over the plain land makes a long lasting impression.
Several of the municipality's churches are state protected monuments.
Among the aforementioned, there are those with cultural, artistic and historical significance.
St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church in Ratkovo;
- The Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Lalic;
- St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church in Ratkovo with its extensive library;
- The Temple of St. Apostle and Evangelist Matthew in Srpski Miletic, near which is the tomb of the village founder count Mileta;
The Temple of Burning of Relics of St. Sava in Odžaci
- The Ascension of the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Srpski Miletic;
- St. Ladislaus Catholic Church in Bogojevo with its valuable collection of paintings
- The Temple of Burning of Relics of St. Sava in Odžaci - the latest municipality church whose building commenced in 1989.
The Church of St. George the Martyr in Ratkovo
Especially significant is the iconostasis in The Church of St. George the Martyr in Ratkovo, with its 38 icons, which are mostly the work of James Orfelin. The temple dates from the second half of the eighteenth century and since 1950 it has been state protected as a cultural monument of great importance. The temple's treasury holds a large number of icons and books purchased during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, thirteen devotional paintings on tin, as well as Russian Service Books books from the eighteenth century.
The Church of St. Michael the Archangel
The iconostasis in The Church of St. Michael the Archangel, the work of Jovan Isailovic Senior in 1792, in Deronje has also been state protected since 1973. The painting was redone in the early twentieth century by Rafailo Momcilovic, a monk and a painter born in Deronje.
The Temple of St. Demeter
The Temple of St. Demeter in Lalic has a collection of 62 icons made by an unknown author. The temple has the third largest collection of icons in Vojvodina. It was built between 1834 - 1838 and it has been state protected since 2003.
The Temple of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul
The Temple of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul in Backi Brestovac dates back from 1744. The present church iconostasis was repainted by Đorđe Rakić in 1834, while the original iconostasis by an unknown author is located in the Gallery of Matica Srpska in Novi Sad.
The Temple's zoographic icons of great artistic value have also been kept in the Gallery of Matica Srpska in Novi Sad since 1955. Since 2002 the temple has been state protected as a historic monument.
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church in Odzaci with its decorative main façade and three towers was built in 1821 at the exact spot of an earlier church from 1764. Lush interior decorations include the altar painting of St. Michael Vanquishing Satan, the work of Jozef Peški in 1834, and a beautiful painting of the Holy Trinity, the work of Master Polak, which is a copy of Rubens.
Since 1970 the church has been state protected as a cultural monument of great importance.
St. Wendelin Catholic Cemetery Chapel
St. Wendelin Catholic Cemetery Chapel in Odzaci was built in 1893 on the place of an earlier chapel from 1776. It was completely renovated in 2004 and has been state protected since 1970.